Soldier Source - Jonathan Webb Deiss, Independent Researcher & Military History Specialist

Tampa, Florida 3 comments

Update by user Dec 23, 2011

Mr.Jonathan Webb Deiss of \"Soldier Source\", \"Citizen Archivist\" decided after a very raging and rude email to me that he would refund $50.00 into my Paypal account.

I filed a complaint with the Washington D.C. Better Business Bureau of his decision to keep my money after not doing any research that I had requested and paid for in May 2011. Mr.

Deiss has not responded to any of my emails requesting that he refund the entire amount after he stated that I was indeed entitled to a refund due to a lack of service.Now waiting for a response from the BBB.

Original review posted by user Nov 22, 2011

Mr.Jonathan Webb Deiss was hired on May 31, 2011 to complete 3 hours of research for documents pertaining to Family research for my application into the (SAR), Sons of the American Revolution.

For 6 months Mr. Jonathan Webb Deiss refused to communicate with me via email for updates on his progress. Mr. Jonathan Webb Deiss lives in Virginia with the understanding he had and would research the National Archives and Maryland Archives for Hardesty Family documentation.

He, Mr. Deiss, finally wrote me a few months back stating that I indeed deserved a full refund for non-service. As of November 22, 2011 Mr. Jonathan Webb Deiss has only refunded $50.00 of my $150.00 fee via Paypal.

He is now stating he has been ill for quite some time and he's experiencing problems with the IRS. At the time I hired Mr. Jonathan Webb Deiss he has been supposedly ill and in dire needs with the IRS. This was never stated when hired.

He accepted my money under false pretenses.

No research, no paperwork and no full refund for theft.(Soldier Source), (Jonathan Webb Deiss, Independent Researcher & Military History Specialist), (http://www.citizenarchivist.net/), (http://cwmemory.com/2011/01/14/so-you-want-to-be-

Review about: Family Research.

Comments

I used Jon as a researcher to obtain records.I paid him right away and he indicated he would do the work right away.

He didn't. He cited health issues. I never got the 2 things I asked for, but several that I did not ask for. After about a month of no records, I gave him a list of what I needed again.

I did make a mistake at that point and highlighted the wrong record which closely resembled the correct one. The original order was very clear though and he didn't act on it for about a month.

I needed the records for an elderly former soldier who was about to travel to Europe.

He has refused to cooperate and says that "research can be a risk"

To be clear, he didn't act when he said he was and I had to repeatedly contact him.

When he finally responded, I did highlight one of the records incorrectly.This wouldn't have happened had he done the work as he indicated it originally.

Mr. Sturgeon has indeed received a full refund, yet continues to complain about this. His attack was vindictive and un-necessary.

to Jonathan Webb Deiss Spring Hill, Florida, United States #1324183

If you advertise a service, "DO IT".Hard to understand that one would state his credentials and ability to do research, but, doesn't follow through.

Mr. Deiss needs to grow up, take responsibility and focus on what America was built on, hard work. Yes, I received a refund. That was a tough one.

I have not requested any research for (5) years. Thank goodness.

Mr.Deiss has fallen into the Lost Generation.